The Initial Chiropractic Exam
Why chiropractors first?
In many cases, patients present to our office with a particular painful complaint. Whether it is severe low back, mild occupational strain, headaches, or feet pain, your first goal is to figure out why you are having pain in the first place. Chiropractors have an intensive 4-7 years of academic knowledge. They are an expert in the understanding of muscles, joints and nerve pain. They also have lots of resources that will help them in diagnosing their patients' pain. For instance, they can order X-ray. Because attention is given first to pain management, you have better chances of leaving the clinic feeling some relief. As a result of that, you kick start your journey with the right treatment plan!
The following describes a standard chiropractic initial examination at Kent Chiro-Med Wellness Clinic. Our chiropractors target 4 or 5 areas:
- Medical Interview
- Physical Examination (Neurological and Orthopedic included)
- Further diagnostic tests needed (if applicable)
- X-rays (chiropractors may order it for you)
- Additional reports requested from physicians/specialists
- Referral to physician for MRI/CT/blood work/nerve conduction test/bone density test
- Patient education (understanding the diagnosis's implication on the patient, and how the proposed treatment plan will work in reducing the pain)
At Kent Chiro-Med Wellness Clinic, our chiropractors will also provide to new patients a complimentary welcome package. The welcome package outlines the summary of the new patient's initial examination and explains what to do after each treatment.