Doctors have used nonsurgical spinal decompression in an attempt to treat:
- Back or neck pain or sciatica, which is pain, weakness, or tingling that extends down the leg
- Bulging or herniated disks or degenerative disk disease
- Worn spinal joints (called posterior facet syndrome)
- Injured or diseased spinal nerve roots
- Or narrowing of the spinal cord (spinal stenosis)
Patients who try it report feeling a comfortable traction effect and immediate but gradual relief of back and leg pain or neck and arm pain. During this procedure, by cycling through distraction and relaxation phases and by proper positioning, a spinal disc can be isolated and placed under negative pressure, causing a vacuum effect within it. This takes pressure off the nerves and joints.
Patients who do not know whether they can be a candidate for this procedure or not are invited for a 15 minutes consultation at no charge. Just request an appointment online on our website!