Crippled with spinal stenosis, this pleasant senior patient (who does not speak English) was bedridden for many years, barely walking few steps without debilitating pain. She was hunched over and relied on her cane for support. After assessing the severity of her spinal stenosis, Dr. Maryam (chiropractor) decided that it was best that she does not receive spinal manipulation because it can potentially aggravate her condition.
- Chiropractor Ottawa
- Custom Orthotics
- Graston Technique Ottawa
- Head & Neck Pain Ottawa
- Low Back & Hip Pain in Ottawa
- Middle Back & Shoulder Pain Ottawa
- Physiotherapy Ottawa
- ACL Injury Treatment Ottawa
- Arthritis Pain Relief Ottawa
- Back Pain Relief in Ottawa: Your options for treatment
- Child Youth Sports Injuries & The Treatments Available Ottawa
- Chronic Pain Relief: Treatments That Can Help Ottawa
- Concussion Treatment In Ottawa: The Best Ways To Get Better Quickly
- Pain Relief for Elbows, Wrists, & Hands Ottawa
- Treatments for Balance and Gait Disorders Ottawa
- Ottawa Shockwave Therapy
- Spinal Decompression Ottawa
- Sports Physiotherapy in Ottawa
Instead, the doctor put the patient on a limited trial of motorized traction therapy, flexion-distraction mobilization, soft tissue therapy, hyperthermy and T.E.N.S machine. She also prescribed physiotherapy with the help of her co-worker Ghaith. Within few sessions, she was able to ditch the cane and walk more upright without pain!! She is currently seeking preventative regular care with Dr. Maryam and Ghaith in order for her to enjoy her life and experience a painless aging process.
Spinal Stenosis is a condition where the spinal nerve roots in the lower back become compressed producing symptoms of sciatica, tingling, weakness or numbness that radiate from the low back and into the buttocks and legs—especially with activity.