Physical therapy can help you by enhancing your ability to heal, reduce pain or discomfort and improve your quality of life. Some of the most common reasons for seeking physical therapy are the following:
- Recovering from a surgical procedure and Pain Management
Are you looking forward to a surgical procedure? Are you recovering from an injury? Following the surgery, your doctor will most likely recommend physical therapy for you. Physical therapy will help you regain your previous mobility in a safe manner. Physiotherapy can also help you recover from the following post-surgical conditions in an efficient manner:
- Orthopedic pain, decreased strength, decreased range of motion, postural issues, edema, and balance and coordination issues
- Cardiac/thoracic pain, decreased exercise capacity, difficulty breathing, decreased mobility, and postural problems
- Neurological weakness, difficulty breathing, limited movement, muscular shortening, and sensory loss
- Abdominal pain, difficulty breathing, incontinence, and decreased mobility.
Older patients usually experience balance and gait problems that can lead to falls and injuries. Physiotherapy can help by providing pain relief, rebuilding strength, mobility/flexibility, and coordination. After physiotherapy, the patients experience improved posture, strength, standing balance and locomotor performance, dynamic trunk control, and improved self-efficacy.
- Prevention of Injuries
Physiotherapy can aid in the prevention of future injuries. A physiotherapist can assist athletes and those who engage in daily workouts or other physical activity in developing a plan to prevent future injuries. They will look at your lifestyle, medical history, and any prior injuries to determine the best course of action for you. Further injuries can be prevented by the following:
- Education: A physiotherapist can educate you about the underlying cause of your injury and persistent pain. This knowledge can help the patients to manage their condition and avoid further injuries.
- Exercises: Exercise is the key aspect of physiotherapy. It can help strengthen weak muscles, tendons, and soft tissues. This results in improved mobility and balance.
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy helps to stimulate muscles, nerves, and soft tissues to promote healing. It also helps to relieve stress from any affected area of the body.
- Correct Posture: Physiotherapists can recommend proper posture and body positioning to avoid any pain or injuries.
- Avoiding Dependency on Prescription Medicines
Painkillers may provide immediate relief but when they are used in excess, they can have harmful effects on major organs such as the kidneys and liver. Additionally, long-term usage of prescription medications may result in drug misuse, which can be damaging to a person’s mental and physical health. This is where physiotherapy can help, as it is seen as a safe alternative to pain killers. It provides relief in a natural way and improves the quality of life.
- Acupuncture Ottawa
- Chiropractor Ottawa
- Custom Orthotics Ottawa
- Graston Technique Ottawa
- Head & Neck Pain Ottawa
- Low Back & Hip Pain in Ottawa
- Middle Back & Shoulder Pain Ottawa
- Physiotherapy Ottawa
- ACL Injury Treatment Ottawa
- Arthritis Pain Relief Ottawa
- Back Pain Relief in Ottawa: Your options for treatment
- Child Youth Sports Injuries & The Treatments Available Ottawa
- Chronic Pain Relief: Treatments That Can Help Ottawa
- Concussion Treatment In Ottawa: The Best Ways To Get Better Quickly
- Pain Relief for Elbows, Wrists, & Hands Ottawa
- Treatments for Balance and Gait Disorders Ottawa
- Ottawa Shockwave Therapy
- Spinal Decompression Ottawa
- Sports Physiotherapy in Ottawa